This is a quick and easy recipe for a gluten free beer batter that goes great with nearly any fish or seafood (good for onion rings too!). The keys here are cold batter, hot oil and quality fish. Club soda is an easy substitute for the beer.
- Oil for Frying
- 2 pounds fresh fish fillets, shrimp, oysters, clams or squid
- 1 cup Domata Seasoned Flour
- 12 ounce bottle of gluten-free beer OR 12 ounces of club soda
- Mix Domata Seasoned Flour with 12 oz. of gluten free beer or club soda. Add the liquid slowly, stirring all of the time. You want enough liquid in the batter to make it the consistency of house paint or pancake batter.
- Put the batter in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- When the oil is hot, dip fish fillets in batter, making sure both sides are coated.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.