This recipe comes from the cookbook Gluten-Free Made Simple, which may be purchased from the website: http://www.gluten-freemadesimple.com/
1 cup sugar
1/2 butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups Domata Recipe Ready Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 recipe Meringue Topping
1 1/2 cups gluten-free lemon curd such as Dickinson’s Lemon Curd
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 12 muffin cups. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to egg mixture, beating until combined. Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from cups; cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare Meringue Topping. Using a long serrated knife, cut cupcakes in half horizontally. Spread lemon curd on the bottom halves of cupcakes. Replace top halves.
- Spread meringue on tops of filled cupcakes, swirling mixture to make peaks. Place cupcakes on baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes more or until meringue is lightly browned. Serves 12.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine 4 egg whites, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- Beat with electric mixer on high speed until mixture just begins to form soft peaks. Slowly add 1/2 cup sugar, beating on high speed about 5 minutes or until mixture forms soft, glossy, peaks.